- We start by taking your dental photos and digital x-rays (if you need them), so we have all the information we need to give you an accurate diagnosis. This is all included in the $99.
- Then it’s into the clinical room for a tooth-by-tooth examination. This is the part where most dentists use numbers and terminology that no-one else understands. We’ll show you photos of what we can see and discuss any problems in everyday language.
- We also check the health of your gums, cheeks, lips, tongue and oral mucosa (skin of the mouth). We check for oral pathology (such as oral cancers) at every check-up.
- Your teeth will be professionally cleaned to remove plaque and any hard deposits and given a thorough polish to remove surface stains. This isn’t just to make your teeth feel amazing; it also works as a reset for the bacteria that live in your mouth, reducing your risk of decay and gum disease.
- Every patient receives a concentrated tooth mineral treatment specifically selected for their teeth. This concentrated application gives your teeth a lasting bath of minerals such as calcium, phosphate and fluoride. It’s like having a nourishing spa treatment for your teeth. These minerals are naturally found in tooth enamel but are lost every time you eat or drink, or even when your mouth is dry. This mineral-boost tips the balance towards stronger, healthier tooth enamel, lowering your risk of decay and tooth wear.
- We can also offer our help with choosing the right dental products for you to use at home.
Time for your dental check-up?
If you don’t think you have any obvious dental problems and you want to get your teeth checked and have a professional scale and clean, the Check-up and Clean is the best way to get started.
It might only be $99, but this is a detailed, thorough examination.
We don’t cut corners with your oral health.
Here’s what you can expect at a SwiftQ Check-up and Clean visit:
If any dental problems are discovered we’ll discuss your options, give you ALL the fees upfront and in writing and let you decide what you want to do.
Need a treatment we provide? We’ll help you find a suitable time for your next visit.
If you need any dental treatment which isn’t a part of the SwiftQ Dental scope of services we’ll refer you to a nearby dentist we know and trust.
We can even give you the treatment plan and costs for your appointment with them!